Job Description: This position is responsible for operating all CNC and manual equipment located in the Tool Room. The work assignments may include reading and understanding blueprints, tool making, touch off of tools, layout, set up, minor machine maintenance, tool preparation and machine operation. The position requires direct communication with engineers and production in order to resolve issues. It also requires the ability to work independently, adhere to strict safety guidelines, maintain a clean work area and keep all equipment in good, working condition.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Perform all required machine operations located in the Tool Room (milling, grinding, turning, conventional and wire EDM) to construct, alter or repair injection molds, jigs, fixtures, dies and gauges
• Operate CNC milling machines in the Tool Room as required.
• Assist in tool maintenance and preparation as required.
• Read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
• Support and adhere to ISO 9001 as described by the Tri-Mack Plastics Quality Manual and supporting documentation.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality, health and safety. Adhere to all state and federal laws concerning hazardous materials. • Conduct yourself in an ethical and professional and adhere to all Tri-Mack values.
• Physical ability to properly move molds, stand, bend, sit and lift up to 40 pounds for 8 to 12 hours per day.
• All other assigned duties.
Education, Skills & Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with some related experience.
Prior experience with tooling and machinery is preferred.
Working knowledge of standard OSHA regulations.
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capability as well as attention to detail.
Basic computer and math skills is required, blueprint reading skills is preferred.
Proficient in precision measurement techniques.
Ability to work independently, get along with others and show up ready to work each day.
Ability to train and support others as needed.
*Tri-Mack Plastics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. Tri-Mack is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.