This position is responsible for operating CNC machines. The job requires the ability to read blueprints and apply knowledge of machining methods in order to produce quality parts. It also requires familiarity with inspection equipment and techniques to check parts as well as complete production paperwork. It also involves the ability to work independently, adhere to strict safety guidelines, maintain a clean work area and keep all equipment in good, working condition.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Operate CNC machines, such as lathes and mills, to machine production and prototype parts.
• Ability to hold tolerances as tight as +/- .001
• Trouble-shoot problems and think critically.
• Read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
• Update paperwork neatly, accurately, and in an organized manner.
• Utilize inspection equipment, including micrometers, calipers and optical comparators.
• Will support and adhere to the applicable AS9100 standard requirements.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality, health and safety.
• All other assigned duties.