Position Summary: The Project Engineer manages several concurrent active engineering projects. The projects may involve New Product Introduction (NPI), changes to current products and/or process improvements. The individual works with a cross-functional team and is responsible for on time, on budget completion assigned projects.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Manage NPI projects through the use of the established NPI Tollgate process.
• Participate as a team member with Marketing, Quality Control, Production, Customers and Vendors to accomplish on time and on budget projects to completion.
• Works closely with internal and external customers to ensure that part designs are manufacturable, cost effective and can meet high quality standards.
• Designs new processes, parts, fixtures and tools using SolidWorks, Cimatron and Moldflow as well as improvements to existing parts.
• Prepare Engineering masters, including any IPQC detail as needed for any new parts under the NPI umbrella as well as update masters when process improvements are involved.
• Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma tools to reduce waste and implement robust part and process designs.
• Supports Production in identifying root cause, and corrective action implementation of ongoing production issues.
• Work closely with Quality Control to ensure all parts meet specified drawing requirements.
• Adhere to all AS9100 requirements.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience:
• Associates in Engineering, BS in Engineering preferred
• Experience in a manufacturing environment with some of these processes preferred: Injection molding, CNC Milling, CNC Turning, Composite Manufacturing, Assembly, Bonding
• Experience with CAD design, SolidWorks preferred
• Demonstrated blueprint interpretation, GD&T experience preferred • Some experience with Lean and/or Six-Sigma preferred
• Computer Data entry and CAD experience.
• Able to be flexible, works with a high sense of urgency, & work well with others.
About Tri-Mack: Tri-Mack Plastics is an engineering driven custom manufacturer for the aerospace, chemical, and medical industries. We inject mold engineering grade resins and machine the molded parts to tight tolerances using CNC milling and CNC turning centers. We are located in Bristol, Rhode Island and have been in business since 1971.
*Tri-Mack Plastics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. Tri-Mack is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.