Position Summary: The Injection Molding Manager is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Molding department. This includes maintaining the Molding department schedule, overseeing the set-up, processing and operating of all molding machines, supervising the department and ensuring all training and reviews of employees are conducted on time. This position is responsible for the quality of all parts produced and works with Engineering to determine and correct part defects, as well as understand the principles of scientific molding. This position works closely with the Sales department to understand customer needs and requirements. Above all, this position oversees the safety of all the employees.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Supervise, schedule and manage all aspects of the Molding department
• Conduct regular audits of employee hours to monitor efficiency and indirect labor.
• Work with Process Technicians and Engineering to develop cycles and document accordingly
• Ensure all set-up files are updated and stored electronically.
• Troubleshoot any mold setup issues using Root Cause Analysis (or similar) to determine and correct the issues going forward.
• Troubleshoot part defects using processing knowledge and machine data (micrograph, auxiliary values, etc.)
• Work with the Sales Department to ensure all customer needs are met on a timely basis.
• Utilize/Develop network of Team Leaders that work directly with operators to ensure all parts are conforming
• Attend the daily production meeting and assign work based on the priorities outlined in the meeting.
• Manage department profitability by improving first time yield and reducing material waste.
• Attend Material Review Board (MRB) for high value fallout.
• Work with Quality and Engineering to qualify new or existing parts on new Molding Machines.
• Prepare and conduct all employee reviews for the Molding Department
• Keep the department clean and ensure it is customer ready at all times.
• Participate in 5S events. Execute projects to help with organization.
• Train and cross-train employees on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain the preventative maintenance schedule for all Molding machines and auxiliary equipment
• Work across all areas of Tri-Mack and provide prompt and professional service as requested.
• Adhere and ensure all AS9100 requirements are met at all times.
• Create and maintain a safe work environment.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years of experience with Injection molding processing preferred
• Demonstrated leadership skills with a minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing manager role is preferred
• Strong blueprint interpretation, understanding of tolerance specifications and good working knowledge of GD&T
• Must be highly organized and be comfortable with a fast paced manufacturing environment.
• Proven problem solving abilities, attention to detail and analytical skills are required
• Experience with Six Sigma Green or Black belt, Root Cause Analysis, Apollo, etc.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities at any time.
• Established computer skills (Visual Manufacturing, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Project Management experience is preferred
About Tri-Mack: Tri-Mack Plastics is an engineering driven custom manufacturer for the aerospace, chemical, and medical industries. We inject mold engineering grade resins and machine the molded parts to tight tolerances using CNC milling and CNC turning centers. We are located in Bristol, Rhode Island and have been in business since 1971.
*Tri-Mack Plastics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. Tri-Mack is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.