This position is responsible for operating CNC machines. The job requires the ability to read blueprints and apply knowledge of machining methods in order to produce quality parts. It also requires familiarity with inspection equipment and techniques to check parts as well as complete production paperwork. It also involves the ability to work independently, adhere to strict safety guidelines, maintain a clean work area and keep all equipment in good, working condition.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Operate CNC machines, such as lathes and mills, to machine production and prototype parts.
• Ability to hold tolerances as tight as +/- .001
• Trouble-shoot problems and think critically.
• Read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
• Update paperwork neatly, accurately, and in an organized manner.
• Utilize inspection equipment, including micrometers, calipers and optical comparators.
• Will support and adhere to the applicable AS9100 standard requirements.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality, health and safety.
• All other assigned duties.
*Tri-Mack Plastics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status or genetic information. Tri-Mack is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
Education, Skills & Experience:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum of three years related experience.
• Prior experience on CNC lathes machines is required.
• Some set-up and/or program edits is preferred.
• Physical ability to stand, bend, sit and lift up to 40 pounds for 8 to 12 hours per day.
• General math knowledge and ability to calculate and solve certain geometric problems.
• Ability to use and understand all measuring tools.
• Basic computer skills. • Ability to show up to work on time each day
• Ability to get along with co-workers and support others as needed.